Tuesday 20 January 2015

Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush Review

This brush is a bristle-free, silicone-tipped applicator by Real Techniques that is claimed to be the ultimate tool for smooth, precise application of liquid or cream eyeliner.

This is the only brush I own by Real Techniques, I had previously relied upon traditional synthetic bristle brushes for applying the gel eyeliner that I wear on a daily basis. I often found that the bristles on these brushes felt sharp against my eyelid. I would also find that the odd “stray hair” would appear and cause a bit of a mess on my lid. I decided I needed to find a decent brush and was willing to invest a bit of money for something that would do a good job. However I then came across the Real Techniques brush in Boots for just under £6.00. I thought it was worth a try even though I was sceptical that it would just be another gimmicky purchase.

I now love this brush! I use it virtually every day with my Maybelline gel eyeliner. I simply coat the tip in a bit of the liner, being careful not to pick up too much as it’s easier to just add more rather than end up with a big blob on my eyelid. Application is indeed precise and smooth with no dragging or irritating of the eyelid. I clean my brush after every use with a baby wipe quickly and easily before the gel has time to dry out on the tip. I have also used this brush the pick up loose eyeshadow to use as eyeliner and it’s great for that too, causing much less fallout than I used to create using a traditional brush.

It is worth noting that I do wear particularly thick eyeliner on my top lid so although this brush is fantastic for my needs, anybody wishing for a more subtle line may find this a little more tricky to achieve their desired result.

Summary

Pros:
  •  Makes eyeliner application easy!
  • Great value for money.
  •  Easy to clean.
  • No dragging of the eyelid.

Cons:

  • If I had to think of a negative I could only suggest that a lid for the brush would be great to protect the tip whilst in my make-up bag.

Cost: Around £6.00


Good value for money?: YES!





No comments:

Post a Comment