Sunday 25 January 2015

Dove Advanced Hair Series Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray Review

Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray

This is a root spray from Dove that claims to use lightweight oxygen-fused conditioning ingredients to moisturise flat, limp hair whilst adding up to 95% more volume. 

There seems to be a fair few solid particles in the bottle, so after giving it a good shake, you spray this product onto the roots of your wet hair. After massaging the spray into your roots you then dry and style your hair. There is no mention of this product being in any way heat protective and as you only apply to the roots, I feel the need to use a heat protection spray on my hair too.

For me, this has helped to create some much needed volume to the roots of my hair. The only downside has been that I do feel it leaves me hair feeling a bit "dirty" at the roots the next day. I would usually wash my hair every other day, but after using this I sometimes feel the need to wash my hair every day instead. This could just be because I'm not used to having products on my roots. Having said that, if I am going out for the night I would definitely use this to help give my hair a boost.

Summary

Pros
  • Easy to use.
  • Provides a bit of volume to my roots.
  • Reasonably priced.
  • Smells nice.
Cons
  • Can make my hair feel a bit dirty the day after application.
  • No mention of being heat protective so still need to use additional products.

Cost: Around £7.00 for 150ml (often on 3 for 2 offers too!)

Application: Very easy, shake, spray, massage!

Good value for money?: Yes!

Would I repurchase?: Yes!




No comments:

Post a Comment