Sunday 25 January 2015

Boots Botanics All Bright and Ultra Calm Micellar 3 in 1 Cleansing Solutions Review


I have purchased two of these Botanics cleansing solutions, an All Bright version and an Ultra Calm version. They are claimed to feel as gentle as water on the skin whilst using plant based natural ingredients to cleanse and calm the skin.

The All Bright version contains natural alpha hydroxyl acid which is said to act as a mild exfoliator. I tend to use these on my lazy evenings when I just want to quickly cleanse my skin and get to bed. Although it's stated that they "dissolve make up" I have always used a separate eye make up remover first and then one of these solutions because I worry that stubborn waterproof eyeliner would be a bit too much for these to tackle.

I have enjoyed using both of these solutions and could not really pick out any discernible differences between the two. One of them has been used more than the other based purely on it's availability at the time of my laziness! I apply a generous amount to a cotton  wool pad and sweep it across my face, I tend to repeat this process with a second cotton wool pad to remove any last traces of make up. They leave my skin feeling clean and fresh. I follow this with a toner spray (if I can be bothered at the time) and then a good layer of moisturiser as I worry about my skin being dried out.

Summary

Pros
  • Easy and convenient to use, would be great for camping!
  • Leaves the skin feeling clean and fresh at the end of the day.
  • Handy for a quick freshen up.
  • Very affordable.
  • Fragrance free.
Cons
  • None so far!
Cost: £2.99 for All Bright version and £3.29 for the Ultra Calm.

Application: Easy, apply to cotton wool and sweep across face, repeat if required.

Good value for money?: Yes! Especially as there are regularly offers on this range.



Would I repurchase?: Yes!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! love your posts! I nominated you for the Liebster award tag on my blog! I'd love it if you could head over and answer the questions I asked you

    http://socandinavian.blogspot.fi/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete