Sunday 25 January 2015

Eyeko Eye Do Mascara Review


This is a black mascara from Eyeko that come in a squeezable tube form. They claim this product is formulated with lash enhancing Botanical Extracts including Ginkgo Biloba, Shea Butter and Plant Proteins and that this mascara promotes natural lash growth whilst Vitamins and Antioxidants work to nourish and condition the lashes.

Eyeko Eye Do Mascara

The brush is large and comes out of the tube covered in the perfect amount of mascara. This evenly coats my lashes with very little clumping, giving a lengthening effect. This is described as "water resistant" rather than waterproof and I think that is pretty accurate. It doesn't wash off with just a splash of water but I wouldn't rely on this if diving into the ocean.

It washes off easy enough with a good creamy cleanser. I have occasionally found this to be a little flakey and as such I would not be in a rush to repurchase this version of the Eyeko mascara range. Due to the very large brush, it can be a little tricky applying mascara to the lower lashes, especially when comparing to the Eyeko Skinny mascara that is the perfect size for this!

Personally I just cannot justify paying around £20.00 for this mascara when Maybelline mascaras are available for a fraction of this price and work just as well (if not better) on my lashes!

Summary

Pros
  • Squeezy tube makes using up all of the product easy.
  • Big brush to catch all lashes.
  • Water-resistant formula - great for runny eyes.
Cons
  • Expensive.
  • Not fully waterproof.
  • Can be a bit flakey (for me).
  • Hard to apply to lower lashes without creating a mess.
  • MUCH cheaper mascaras can rival this!

Cost: Around £20.00 for 8ml

Application: Easy for top lashes, not so great for bottom lashes.

Good value for money?: It's a no from me! Much cheaper mascaras can out preform this.

Would I repurchase?: No!

No comments:

Post a Comment