Sunday 25 January 2015

Laura Geller Balance N Brighten Review

 


This is a baked colour correcting powder that contains no parabens or mineral oils. It comes in various shades but each version contains a mixture of several colours to help even out your skin tone. Apparently there are several anti-aging and antioxidant properties to this product too!

Application is super quick, I use either my flat-topped e.l.f. Powder Brush or one of several kabuki brushes I own to sweep up some product up and buff onto my face. I generally just apply this on top of my moisturised skin although I have just purchased a primer so I'll be interested to see what difference  (if any) that makes. Without a primer this goes on smoothly and does indeed even out my skin tone whilst providing light coverage and reducing shine.

I have the Fair version as I am very pale skinned, this shade is perfect for me. If I had very uneven skin tone I'd imagine this wouldn't provide enough coverage but for every day use this is fine for me. It reduces shine although by the end of the day a little but of shine reappears. Only a little is needed as too much makes my skin look caked.

I've been using this on and off as I like to mix things up but it is looking like it will last a decent length of time as I only use it lightly. This is just as well because Balance N Brighten comes at what I would consider a high price tag. The packaging looks nice but the tiny mirror inside is neither use nor ornament as it is constantly covered in a layer of powder (perhaps I should store this flat in a stationary place!).

Balance N Brighten in Fair.
Summary

Pros
  • Very quick and easy to apply.
  • Only need to use a little bit each time so it does last a long time.
  • Evens out skin tone and reduces shine.
  • Range of shades available.
Cons
  • Fairly expensive.
  • Can look cakey if you are heavy handed with it.

Cost: Around £26.00 for 9g

Application: Very easy, just buff onto your face with your favourite powder brush.

Staying power: Good, although a bit of shine does begin to show by the end of the day.

Good value for money?: It does last a long time and if the antioxidant and anti-aging properties are really beneficial then I suppose it is worth the fairly high cost. There probably are similar products for a much lower price though!

Would I repurchase?: I probably would repurchase as this is super easy to use and I like the mix of tones in each compact rather than having one flat colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment