Tuesday 20 January 2015

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Review

This is a pot of gel eyeliner that comes with an eyeliner brush for application. Maybelline claims this eyeliner is smudge-proof and waterproof.
I really like this eyeliner! The brush that comes with the product is pretty bad, mine had a number of stray hairs and felt quite prickly on my skin so it’s safe to say that I have binned the brush. I now use a silicone liner brush by Real Techniques (which is absolutely fantastic) to apply this liner.
Although this eyeliner comes in a small jar it does last a long time as you only use a little bit each time. I use this liner most days and I have had my current pot for well over a year, incidentally it hasn’t dried up in that time either! I use my silicone liner brush to pick up a little of this product and apply it above my upper lashes for a bold, matt black that just doesn’t budge all day. Even in the rain or in the shower, this liner stays in place until you use a make-up remover to clear it away.
Summary
Pros:
  • Easy to apply.
  • Matt and bold appearance.
  • Waterproof and smudge proof.
  • Good value for money.
  • Each pot lasts for a long time (without drying up and becoming unusable).
Cons:
  • Brush is not great quality and can make application tricky.
  • Can be difficult to remove without a waterproof make-up remover.

Cost: Around £8.00

Application: Easy - providing a better brush is available.

Staying power: Superb! (You may actually find it hard to shift.)

Good value for money?: YES!

Would I repurchase?: YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment