Sunday 25 January 2015

Collection Work The Colour Lip Butter Review

Left = Cappuccino Right = Vintage Rose


These are lip crayons that claim to have a soft and creamy texture that leaves the lips feeling moisturised.

They come in various shades and are very reasonably priced. They twist up so need to sharpen and lose half the product.

I bought these in two shades:

1.  Cappuccino - a very natural shade which is an almost exact match to my own lip colour.

2. Vintage Rose - a reddish pink tone.


 


I've never bought any other lip crayons so it's difficult for me to compare but based on a quick test in Boots recently, these are less intensely pigmented compared to the Bourjois version. They do add a noticeable and moisturising layer of colour that does last for a few hours on my particularly dry lips.

Summary

Pros
  • Adds a layer of colour that doesn't dry out my lips.
  • Colour lasts for a few hours.
  • Very affordable.
  • Twist up - no sharpening needed.
  • Subtle and bolder shades available.
Cons
  • Not the most pigmented lip crayons available.
Cost: £2.99 (often on offer though)

Application: Very easy, just twist up, swipe across lips and go!

Staying power: No lip products last very well for me but the colour lasted for around three hours. For me this is great!

Good value for money?: YES!

Would I repurchase?: Yes, although I would also be tempted to try a slighter more expensive lip crayon to see of they have a better longevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment