Saturday 7 February 2015

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Lip Plumping Gloss


This is a lip gloss from Soap & Glory that claims to visibly increase the volume of the lips.

I have purchased the ordinary Sexy Mother Pucker lip glosses and enjoyed using them so I decided to try this XL version in the "Pink Out Loud" shade.

Much like the original Sexy Mother Puckers, upon application a tingly sensation begins, this is the supposedly plumping properties kicking in. Again, like the original version, I do not see a noticeable increase in lip volume using these glosses. I find that due to the tingly sensation you may actually pout your lips more (or at least feel that you are).

This XL version is much less sticky than the originals but as a consequence I do think that these are slightly less long wearing. The originals come in a tube with a doe foot applicator but these are just in a squeezy tube which you apply from directly. I find this squeeze and apply straight from the tube method much quicker and easier when on the go.

There is not a huge amount of pigmentation in this shade at least but I tend to opt for more natural shades with lots of glossiness anyway so for me, this is ideal!
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Lip Plumping Gloss in Pink Out Loud
Summary

Pros
  • Tingly sensation (which is probably a love or hate effect).
  • Lost lasting gloss.
  • Easy to apply.
  • Less sticky than original versions.
Cons
  • No noticeable plumping effect on lips.
  • Not as long lasting as original Sexy Mother Pucker glosses.
Cost: £10.00 for 10ml (you can often get these on 3 for 2 in Boots!)

Application: Very easy - unscrew cap, squeeze, apply.

Staying power: Good! (Not as great as originals)

Good value for money?: When bought on offer I think these are good value.

Would I repurchase?: Yes!

4 comments:

  1. The main reason I don't wear glosses is due to their stickiness, so that's definitely something in its favour! Good to hear you'd repurchase it :) xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the strange feeling of these plumping glosses....I'm a bit addicted I think! Thanks for reading! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! Head over to http://aislingsbeautybytes.blogspot.ie/ and check out my post and do one if you can! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not tried any of these yet... I'm glad they are less sticky, it is so off putting having a sticky glass! xxx

    KirstyLeigh // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete